Young Biology student needs help with euglena species

JRober4142 jrober4142 at aol.com
Mon Dec 14 14:43:02 EST 1998

I am currently studying sys biology and am interested in studying the effects
of light intensity or wavelength on euglena for my investigation.  I have read
in a textbook that some species of euglena produce a red pigment on their
surface when exposed to certain intensities of light in order to protect them.
The book, however did not specify which species this was.  Please could some
one tell me if euglena spyrogyra exhibits these characteristics or if not, what
species does/

e-mail-   jrober4142 at aol.com