Stress Tolerance In Yeast

Steven Parkinson grim at reeper666.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 15 16:40:01 EST 1998

From: Steven Parkinson <grim at reeper666.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Stress Tolerance In Yeast
Date: 15 December 1998 21:32

I am a third year student at Liverpool University and am currently
conducting a reassert project.  I am investigating the effect of various
stresses upon the growth of SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE and CANDIDA ALBICANS.
This involves taking samples of the respective yeast's over time and
exposing them to stress like UVC and heat shock.  My aim to observe and
investigate the effect of these stresses upon the yeast cultures over a time
of weeks.  This would therefore test how the yeast cultures cope with stress
as time passed and also the nutrients in the media depleted. (maybe I have
not explained myself correctly!?)

Basically I aim to investigate the effect of various stresses upon nutrient
starved yeast cells

Anyway, if you can recommend any books, journals, Internet sites that may be
of some use, or maybe you possess knowledge of this area, I would be
grateful

                                Many thanks for reading the e-mail

                                                    Steven
grim at reeper666.freeserve.co.uk