Anaerobic Gassing Manifolds?

Sara Silverstone ssilvers at acs.brockport.edu
Thu Dec 17 16:22:56 EST 1998

I am constructing an anaerobic gassing manifold for use with
methanogens.  Using all copper, brass and butyl rubber is the way it was
suggested to me, but the brass valves are very expensive and butly
rubber tubing isn't very flexible. I have been warned not to use any
plastic but I'm not sure I believe that any type of plastic tubing is
completely unnacceptable. I was wondering in specific about "T"
connectors, valves and flexible tubing to hook needles to. I would very
much appreciate replies directly to me (ssilvers at acs.brockport.edu).
Thanks!
Dr. S. Silverstone
SUNY Brockport