WWW: Hardin Meta Directory update - Allergy/Immunology

Eric Rumsey eric-rumsey at uiowa.edu
Wed Feb 4 12:53:21 EST 1998

This is to announce an updated version of the Hardin Meta Directory web
page for Allergy/Immunology. All links have been checked to confirm
connection and new links have been added, including the following:

-Net Links from Mining Company - Asthma, John Neil Rhoades
-Immunology Link
-JAMA NetSight - Allergy and Immunology on the Internet, Robert Sikorski,
Richard Peters, JAMA, Dec 10, 1997
-JAMA Information Center - Asthma, Americal Medical Association

An *important feature* for Hardin MD is that we are now using a link
checker to check the connection rate for the lists that are included.
Generally the lists with better connection rates are toward the top of
their size category (although size of the list is also a consideration in
placement). Lists on the updated Hardin MD Allergy/Immunology page with
especially good connection rates include:

-MedMark - Immunology, I Shin, MedMark Team, Korea
-Antibody Resource Page, Kevin Shreder, Univ Calif/San Diego
-MedWeb: Immunology
-Net Links from Mining Company - Asthma, John Neil Rhoades
-Latex Allergy Links, NA Mitchell
-Karolinska MIC-KIBIC MeSH Index - Immunologic Diseases
-Immunology Link
-Cliniweb: Immunologic Diseases, Oregon Health Sciences Univ
-Yahoo:Health:Medicine:Immunology
-JAMA NetSight - Allergy and Immunology on the Internet, Robert Sikorski,
Richard Peters, JAMA, Dec 10, 1997
-JAMA Information Center - Asthma, Americal Medical Association

Of course, using our link checker, the links on our own pages have
superlative connection rates, generally above 98%.

The URL for the Hardin Meta Directory Allergy/Immunology page is -
http://www.arcade.uiowa.edu/hardin-www/md-allergy.html

Please check it out !

Please post this message to appropriate listservs.

If you would like to receive e-mail notices for ALL Hardin MD updates (1-2
messages per wk, on all medical/health subjects), please e-mail me
directly at rumsey at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu. DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS
MESSAGE. Please mention the listserv or newsgroup on which you see this
notice.

Eric Rumsey, Hardin Library for the Health Sciences
University of Iowa, Iowa City IA 52242
<eric-rumsey at uiowa.edu>
319-335-9875 (voice), 319-335-9897 (fax)
Hardin Meta Directory of Internet Health Sources
http://www.arcade.uiowa.edu/hardin-www/md.html
Fortune Magazine, Jan 12, 1998, Medical Sites on the Web, #1 Starting Point
http://www.pathfinder.com/fortune/digitalwatch/0112fil2.html