bacillus subtilus

Darryl Yu dar.yu at utoronto.ca
Fri Feb 6 14:34:49 EST 1998

I have witnessed, much to my dissappointment,  a change in the response
of Bacillus Subtilus spores to their environment over a period of 3
months.  The stock spores were sitting in Difco Broth with MgSo4, MnCl2,
KCL, and FeS04*H20 at room temperature for 3 months in a sealed
container.  It appears that my stock are more resistant to perturbation
than when they were freshly harvested.  I was wondering if anyone knows
how these organisms changed so dramatically, when I assumed they should
not have.