AIDS: Man-made?

Phil jorge2 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 7 13:40:03 EST 1998

TRKeske wrote:

> AIDS: A U.S.- Made Monster?
>
> I am reposting an article that can also be views on the web at:
>
>       http://www.oppapers.com/science/aids.txt
>       http://home.onestop.net/osan/school/Essays-Science/AIDS
>
> I am not necessarily endorsing everything in this essay, although I
> think that does raise some interesting possibilities.  I welcome any
> intelligent critique (if internet newsgroups can remember what that is).
> If there is truly worthwhile rebuttal, I hope to see it in the form of
> some in-depth technical discussion.   I'm merely a layman, and will
> be unimpressed by emotional outbursts- it you've got a point, please
> support it with something equally concrete and specific.
>
> Tom Keske
> Boston, Mass.
>
> = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
> AIDS: A U.S.-Made Monster
>
> In an extensive article in the Summer-Autumn 1990 issue of Top
> Secret, Prof J. Segal and Dr. L. Segal outline their theory that
> AIDS is a man-made disease,  originating at Pentagon
> bacteriological warfare labs at Fort Detrick,  Maryland.
> Top Secret is the international edition of the German magazine
> Geheim and is considered by many to be a sister publication to
> the American Covert Action Information Bulletin (CAIB). In fact,
> Top Secret carries the Naming Names column, which CAIB is prevented
>  from doing by the American government, and which names CIA agents
> in different locations in the world. The article, named AIDS:
> US-Made Monster and subtitled AIDS - its Nature and its Origins, is
> lengthy, has a lot of professional terminology and is dotted with
> footnotes.
>
> AIDS FACTS
>
> The fatal weakening of the immune system which has given AIDS
> its name  (Acquired Immuno-Deficiency Syndrome), write the Segals,
> has been traced back  to a destruction or a functional failure of the
> T4-lymphocytes, also called  'helper cells', which play a
> regulatory role in the production of antibodies in the immune
> system. In the course of the illness, the number of functional
> T4- cells is reduced greatly so that new anti-bodies cannot be
> produced and  the defenseless patient remains exposed to a range
> of infections that under other circumstances would have been
> harmless.
>
> Most AIDS patients die from opportunistic infections rather than
> from the AIDS virus itself. The initial  infection is characterized
> by diarrhea, erysipelas and intermittent fever. An  apparent
> recovery follows after 2-3 weeks, and in many cases the patient
> remains without symptoms and  functions normally for years.
> Occasionally a  swelling of the lymph glands, which does not
> affect the patient's well-being,  can be observed.
>
> After several years, the pre-AIDS stage, known as ARC
> (Aids-Related Complex) sets in. This stage includes disorders
> in the digestive  tract, kidneys and lungs. In most cases it
> [...]

Tom:

Can you provide the journal citation for Gondo et al.?  Also is there
any substantiation for the prisoner testing model for AIDS dissemination
the Segal's offer?  This should be a matter of record.

Seems that acceptance of such theories awaits better substantiation in
proof - the smoking gun.  Segals attempt to link a chain of
circumstantial evidence, and most folks will see that some of the links
are supported more by melodramatic implication that it could have
happened rather than offering fact.  Most of the links exist just as
well if the model were incorrect.  Do the Segal's address of criticism
by dialectic or by offering new fact?