Dam methylation and BclI

Per Mygind perm at medmicro.aau.dk
Thu Feb 19 05:23:25 EST 1998

I recently purchased E.coli scs110 stratagene in order to circumvent the
sensitivity of BclI to dam methylation. The strain worked perfect (as
opposed to JM110). My question is, however, what happens if you try to
transform this DNA into a host which is DAM positive - will the dna be
degraded, resulting in no transformants ?
(technically I've moved the fragment of choice, cutting with BclI, into
the pET9d vector and tried to transform the bacteria in Xli-blue and
obiously I did'nt succeed)

Thank you very much ;-)

If you are are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate

Per Mygind, Cand.scient

Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology
The Bartholin Building, University of Aarhus, Denmark
phone : 89 42 17 47, fax   : 86 19 61 28