Graham Shepherd muhero at
Tue Feb 24 16:49:54 EST 1998

Look at the normal levels of some common analytes in blood and compare them
with the levels in CSF. The differences exist because of the blood-brain
barrier. You could also look at the dosage levels for antibiotics when
administered intrathecally as opposed to intravenously. That should give you
a clue to what might happen if you removed the barrier.