Cells and mind

Dharmadeva u961309 at student.canberra.edu.au
Fri Feb 27 08:39:31 EST 1998

The general perception of all persons is that they always refer to "my
body" and therefore
implicity recognise that the 'my' or 'I' occupying the body is more than
the body.  Similarly, one says 'my' thoughts and feelings and so implicitly
recognises that the 'my' or 'I' can identify with thoughts.

What is this physical body of a human being, is the first question to ask?
The individual's physical body is composed of many cells. These cells are
of two kinds - the protozoic cells and the metazoic cells. Thus all parts
of human body are composed of a combination of these two types of cells. In
another sense, the whole structure of human beings can also be regarded as
one metazoic cell. Each of these cells has a mind. But this mind is
different from the individual's human mind (see below). The cell-minds are
dormant and underdeveloped - they do not determine our actions.
Furthermore metazoic cells are a collective effect of the protozoic cells.
Any of these cells can die but this obviously does not result in death of
the entire human body.  The minds of those protozoic and metazoic cells are
equally capable of reincarnation and do reincarnate into whatever requisite
form is next appropriate to the
consciousness that has been developed (which may not be much different to
what
existed previously).

The human mind, too, is related to and composed of the minds of these
cells. But also the human mind is much more developed. It is the unit
microcosm plus a collection of both the protozoic and the metazoic cells
which make up the individual. Therefore the human mind is a collective
mind.  Furthermore, that collectivity has a coordinating aspect overall in
relation to all propensities of the mind and in relation to different
levels of propensities associated with
different plexii of the body (those plexii - high or low - in turn relate
to various pyschic centres or chakras of the psychic structure of the body
which in turn relate to various ideative states of the mind).

What this indicates is that in the human mind there exists a system of
relations between itself and its components. That is, the human mind has a
direct relationship with both the protozoic and the metazoic cells in the
individual being. But the cells, as a composite part of the mind, have also
a collective relation with it.

Now, every unit cell has a mind. The unit protozoic mind is instinctive.
And because of the above mentioned relation, instinct comes in human
beings. These cells are made by the food and drink that we consume. And so
we can regulate the human mind by regulating human diet. These two types of
cells (metazoic and protozoic) compose different parts of human body. Or in
other words, different portions of the body are composed of different
collections of two types of cells.

In each of these portions of the body a collective mind is created and that
portion works through its commands, irrespective of whether or not the
whole human mind affects it. This collective mind of a portion of the body
is possible because every cell has a unit mind no matter how undeveloped,
for without this there would be no reproduction or movement in the cell.

The protozoic mind is guided by instinct and its sole concern and relation
is with the physical body. Hence a protozoic cell does not know of its
existence but it displays reproduction, movement, sound and reflexes.  It
is capable of death in its own right and reincarnation.  The metazoic mind,
on the other hand, is not solely concerned with the physical. It is also
physico-psychic in nature and being a collection of cells with collective
mind it has this much
more potential. A collective body of metazoic cells on death gives rise to
their collective mind structure also being capable of reincarnation.  Human
collective mind too has the element of the physico-psychic more than the
purely physical. This is because it has more metazoic cells.

But the human mind as a whole is much more complex than even the metazoic
mind.  It is a collective mind being a collection of:

(a) the mind's own collective mind (ie mind is coordinated and finds
expression through various levels and plexii of the body associated with
different psychic centres of psychic expresssions);
(b) the metazoic minds in various parts of the body;
(c) the protozoic minds in various parts of the body.

The individual human being acts under animal or biological instinct when
his/her mind comes predominantly under the influence of the unit minds or
the collective minds of these protozoic and metazoic cells. This is because
these cell-minds are undeveloped like animals or lower life forms. However,
when the human collective mind dominates in an individual s/he begins to
act more like a fully developed human being including spiritual aspects.
The explanation of this is in the fact that the protozoic and metazoic mind
(and therefore your own mind) is threefold:

partly psycho-physical;
partly psychic; and
partly psycho-spiritual.

This is because mind has (whether dormant or active) the faculty of:

pure 'I feeling' ('I exist') or psycho-spiritual aspect;
doership or doer I or mental association with actions or pyschic arena of
doership; and
objectivation of its mental doership (or done I) through psycho-physical
association.

What happens when a person dies?  Death results in the loss of any physical
relationship between the human mind and the human body (ie, the protozoic
and metazoic cells and their minds). The nerves are dead. Therefore, the
mind, on the physical death of the individual, does not remember anything
physical. But the longing for the Macrocosm is psycho-spiritual in
character because of the existence of the pure 'I feeling' (or I exist) -
itself being highly developed rather than just the instinctual or just a
mental/psychic expression being
active - and therefore your mind is engaged in longing for the Macrocosm
even after the death of the physical body.

This spurs the mind into seeking new physical forms of expression in order
for it to remove and experience any impressions/deformity from previous
actions and thus necessitate itself to undergo reactions in the form of
pleasure or pain (which it cannot do in a 'suspended' state) and/or also in
order to develop higher expressions or conscoiusness and spiritual desire.
Conversely, if the mind is not governed or sublimated by attraction for the
Great or longing for Macrocosm then its vehicle of expression will be less
than that of human being as it has rejected (temporarily) the desire for
higher expression in place of lower instinctual expression only or to the
greater degree.

--
'The main characteristic of PROUT-based socioeconomic movements
is that they aim to guarantee the comprehensive, multifarious