Human urine normal flora

Robert Hentosh hentosh at io.com
Thu Jan 1 09:15:53 EST 1998

Can anyone tell me if Nitrobacter and Nitromonas appear in the human urine
normal flora? Consistantly?  Also, would anyone here just happen to know where

I could find out urines chemical breakdown, such as what elements/compounds
appear in it.  I am looking for more of the trace elements and not just urea,
etc...

I am trying to determine the feasibility of using urine as a starting culture
for a marine biological filter.  The Nitrobacter and Nitromonas are used to
complete the nitrogen cycle and remove the toxic ammonia/nitrite in the
system.  The marine environment must be nutrient poor and that is why I am
also interested in the makeup.

Thanks,
Robert
hentosh at io.com

P.S.  please send me email, since I rarely read this group.