Human urine normal flora

Enigl enigl at aol.com
Mon Jan 12 08:39:44 EST 1998

In article <68g90v$brt$2 at nntp-2.io.com>, hentosh at io.com (Robert Hentosh)
writes:

>Can anyone tell me if Nitrobacter and Nitromonas appear in the human urine

normal flora?

I thought normal human urine is sterile.  At least that is what I was taught in
my Medical Technology (Med. Tech.) classes for ASCP Certification, some years
ago.

Davin

------------------------------
Davin C. Enigl,  Microbiology Consultant,
MEAS-Master of Environmental Arts and Sciences.

1.  Discovered heat resistance in mold: _Talaromyces trachyspermus_ (Published
w/USDA)

2.  Co-author (with Kent M. Sorrells), Water Activity and Self-Preserving
Formulas,
In:  _Preservative-Free and Self-Preserving Cosmetics and Drugs_, Kabara and
Orth, editors.  Copyright 1997,
Marcel-Dekker, ISBN 0-8247-9366-8, Telephone: 1-800-228-1160

3.  Water System Design and Validation for FDA regulations

4.  Preservative Formulation and Stability Testing

5.  FDA Validation Protocols: aseptic, sterilization, laboratory methods

6.  Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)

7.  Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)  Audits

Web Site:  http://members.aol.com/enigl/

January 11, 1998
10:01 am PACIFIC
Davin C. Enigl, MEAS. Microbiology Consultant for Foods, Cosmetics,
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology. FDA validation protocols, water system,
autoclave, facility start-up. Author: _Preservative-Free and Self-Preserving
Cosmetics and Drugs_ Marcel Dekker.