Jim Rogers rogersj at
Tue Jan 13 11:26:36 EST 1998

Enigl <enigl at> wrote in article
<19980112134000.IAA06301 at>...
> In article <199801011841.NAA19220 at>,
yersinia at CYBERNEX.NET
> (Yersinia) writes:
> > can anyone compare
> its concept and usage with that of Vitek and API?

I like Biolog because their database of strains is larger and supposedly
being added to freqently.  They are adding an anaerobe database soon, and
is potentially field deployable.  They also seem to be the choice of a
number of researchers when analyzing mixed populations in differrent
environments.  And finally, it is reasonable to do stats on your strains
and to make up your own databases that are based on your own
results/strains.  The downside is that it is not aproved by the various
agencies and their database on BL-3 level organisms is pretty small.  It is
also a little expensive on a per test basis.

James E. Rogers, Ph.D
Biological Defense Research Program
Navy Medical Research Institute
8901 Wisconsin Ave, Building 42