What is TSA?

Richard A. Murphy U14663 at UICVM.UIC.EDU
Sun Jan 25 10:07:56 EST 1998

> Does anyone know the difference between
> Triptic Soy Agar and
> Tripticase Soy agar?

I believe the formulations are similar but probably not identical.
One is made by Difco (Tripticase Soy Agar?) and the other by BBL
I'm at home at the moment so can't check my bottle.
I think Difco got there first and had their name trademarked so
BBL used something similar.
Dick Murphy
|Richard A. Murphy, PhD              Internet: murph at uic.edu        |
|University of Illinois at Chicago   Fax: 1-312-996-1022            |
|Department of Oral Medicine         Phone: 1-312-996-8630          |
|  and Diagnostic Sciences                                          |
|801 S. Paulina                                                     |
|Chicago, IL 60612                                                  |