r.p.m. or gravity?

Arturo Sanchez asanchez at cibnor.mx
Wed Jan 28 11:39:56 EST 1998

Can someone answer me the next question? How should I report the
centrifugation speed r.p.m or gravity? Which one is correct? I have
a discussion with a friend about this. I am reporting my methodology in
r.p.m. but he says I should do it in g. I understand that r.p.m. are a
unit of angular velocity equal to the uniform angular velocity of a body
which rotates through an angle of 360° (2pi radians), so that every point
in the body returns to its original point, in 1 minute. For me the key is
in the "...uniform angular velocity". Am I right?