Autoclave Validation

il128 at my-dejanews.com il128 at my-dejanews.com
Fri Jun 26 08:28:36 EST 1998

The safety margin on the load was 15 minutes.  In loading/cycle studies
performed, a cycle time of 45 minutes was developed that achieved a complete
kill of the biological indicators used (Bacillus stearothermophilus with a
D-value of 1.7 and a population of 1.3 million.).
 The problem appears to be with the BI stoppers being vaccumed together top to
well during the prevac cycle and preventing steam from killing the B.
stearothermophilus.
What type of cycle/load is everyone else using for stoppers?
Paul