need Help with identification

il128 at my-dejanews.com il128 at my-dejanews.com
Tue Jun 30 09:11:27 EST 1998

The morphology without any size determination is not much help. How big is
this thing? It looks overly large to be a fungus. I would guess and it is a
guess that what you are seeing is a protozoan. I think I should add that most
fungi that invade the blood are yeast forms not imperfect forms of fungi.
Many of these yeasts revert to imperfect forms after thay have invaded the
body. If the individual has an fungal infection and there are fragments of
the imperfect form in the blood the infection has progressed to the point of
being untreatable. Paul