E. Coli long-term effects

is.bbsrc.ac.uk majones at abdn.ac.uk
Wed Mar 4 11:09:55 EST 1998

Koen De Smet <k.desmet at nospam.ic.ac.uk> wrote in article
<34FD1378.1FC4 at nospam.ic.ac.uk>...

> AIDS, measles, common cold, influenza, ... are all caused by viruses
> food poisoning, tuberculosis, cholera, stomach ulcers, meningitis,...
> are caused by bacteria

Just to a minor point here,  there have been cases of Food Poisoning which
have
been atributed to viral infection. Although I not have any real details to
give,
viral food poisoning  is a very dark area, as with most food poisoning
cases
where no cause is determined or its not reported and therfore not studied.

Second point that soem food poisoning, while bacterial in origin, does not
need
live bacteria, such as botulism where the toxin can cause major symptons
even
after the bacteria has been killed.

Another point adding to the original thread here, even if a person makes a
fundemental error,
I agree its better to give a clear friendly response, or not post at all.

Mike

OXON.