looking for a post-doc position

lichu_liu at my-dejanews.com lichu_liu at my-dejanews.com
Wed Nov 4 09:43:49 EST 1998

  I am looking for a postdoctoral position or research position in a
laboratory in the middle of 1999.  In the past two years, I have been
pursuing my Ph.D degree in the National Laboratory of Molecular Virology and
Genetic Engineering, one of the 2 top biomedicine labs in China. In my
university study, I have received strict researsh training and am experienced
in many experimental techniques, such as cDNA cloning, sequencing, RT-PCR,
molecular hybridization, DNA recombination,mutagenesis cell culture, gene
expression in prokaryotic and eukaryotic system, purification and assay of
protein, immunological methods etc. Moreover, I am especially skilled in
animal experiment techniques. So I am confident in my ability to make a
contribution, though small, to your coming research project.  Professor
Guodong Liang, Zhiqing Zhang and Xingke Yang have agreed to write their
reference for me. Please feel free to contact them.  Thank you for your
consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.  With all best wishes.

                              Your sincerely
                                   Lichu Liu

                   CURRICULUM VITAE
Name: Lichu Liu                   Sex: Male
Age:  33                          Health:  Excellent
Present Address:       411 National Laboratory of Molecular Virology
                       and Genetic Engineering, Institute of Virology,
                       Chinese Academy of Proventive Medicine(CAPM).
                       100 Ying Xin St., Xuan Wu Qu,
                       Beijing, 100052, P.R. China.
                       Tel: 8610-63528481
                       Fax: 8610-63532053
                       E-mail: Lichuliu at public.bta.net.cn

EDUCATION
    1996-present: National Laboratory of Molecular Virology and Genetic
                  Engineering, Institute of Viyology, Chinese Academy of
                  Proventive Medicine  CAPM. Ph.D degree to be granted in
                  July of 1999.
    1994-1996:    TongJi Medical University, Wuhan, China.
                  M.S.  Orthopaedic Medicine
                  I won the prize of outstanding postgraduate student and
                  was recommend for Ph.D candidate.
    1982-1987:    Hunan Medical University, Changsha, China.
                  M.D.  clinical medicine.
WORK EXPERIENCE
    1990-1994:    Clinical Orthopaedist, Department of Orthopadic Surgery,
                  The First Hospital of TongJi Medical University, Wuhan,
                  China.
    1989-1990:    Clinical Orthopadist, Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery,
                  China-Japan Friendship Hospital, Beijing, China.
    1987-1989:    Clinical Surgeon, Dept of Surgery, The Fourth Hospital
                  of Shihezi Medical College, Xingjiang province, China.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
    1996-present(Work for Ph.D):
         1. Cloning and sequencing of BMP-7 and BMP-2 cDNA from U2OS cells.
  In this work, I did cell culture, RNA isolation, RT-PCR, construction of
  cDNA library, followed by screening of the library and sequecing the
  positive clones.
         2. Construction and expression of rhBMP-2/7 a fusion gene encoding
  BMP-2 and BMP-7 mature peptide in Ecoli.. The fusion protein was purified
  and verified by west blotting.
         3. Expression and purification of BMP-2/7 heretodimer and BMP-2/7
  fusion protein in CHO cells. Biological activity of them was assayed and
  compared with BMP-7 using MC3T3 cells mouse or rabbits model respectively.
         4. As a collaborator, I participate in the study of il-12 targeted
  gene therapy for hepatocellar carcinoma HCC.
    1994-1996(Work for M.S.):
         1. Immunohistochemical observation on BMPs, IGF-I/II, bFGF, TGF
  in callus and osteosacoma.
         2. Study on bone and cartilagious defect repaired with BMPs.
    1982-1987(an undergraduate student of clinical medicine):
      Systematically trained in biology, immunology, biochemistry, genetics,
  pathology, microbiology, and clinical medicine.

SKILLS:
    1. Diagnosis and treatment of common orthopaedic diease.
    2. DNA recombination, cDNA cloning, sequencing, mutagenesis and
         vector construction.
    3. Gene expression in prokaryotic and eukaryotic system.
    4. Purification and assay of protein.
    5. Isolation of RNA, mRNA, RT-PCR, and molecular hybridization,
        southern blot, northern blot, west blot.
    6. Tissue and cell culture, immunological methods  ELISA, PAP etc.
    7. Animal experiment techniques, especially in surgerical operation.

MAIN:
  1. Lichu Liu et al:Treatment of comminuted patellar fracture with
       cross band wire(in Chinese) vol2(4):236,1995.The Orthp. J. of China.
  2. Lichu Liu et al:Immunohistochemical observation on bone morpho-
     genetic proteins during fracture healing(in Chinese). vol 6(1):12,1996
       Chinese J. of Orthop. and Traumatology.
  3. Lichu Liu et al: The use of bone morphogenetic protein/demineralized
     bone matrix for repair of articular cartilagous defects(in Chinese)
       vol 7(2):56,1997. Chinese J. of Orthop and Traumatology.
  4. Lichu Liu et al: Distribution and effect of bone morphogenetic
     protein(BMP) and osteprogenitors during bone repair(in Chinese)
       The Orthop. J. of China. in press.
  5. Lichu liu et al: Cloning and sequencing the full-length cDNA
     encoding human osteogenic protein-1. Chinese J. Orthop. in press.
  6. Lichu Liu et al: Construction and expression of BMP-2/7 fusion
      gene in Ecoli. Chinese J. of Experimental and Clinical
      Virology. in press.
  7. Lichu Liu et al: Expression and identification of BMP-2/7 hereto-
       dimeric in CHO cells. in preparation.
  8. Lichu Liu et al: Cloning and expression of the gene encoding for
     recombination human BMP-2/7 fusion protein in CHO cells.
       in preparation.