Biochemistry of fungal nitrification

Lesley Robertson l.a.robertson at stm.tudelft.nl.removethis
Wed Nov 4 08:17:35 EST 1998

Travis Idol wrote:

> I am a Ph.D. student interested in the biochemistry of heterotrophic
> nitrification by fungi. A cursory search has turned up very little. Does
> anyone know of a good place to begin searching for this type of
> information?  Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Travis Idol
> travisi at fnr.purdue.edu

  You could try searching under "heterotrophic nitrification" as fungal nit.
comes under that heading. Ken Killham dealt with fungal nit. in a chapter in
1986 in a book called Nitrification, published by IRL Press (ed J.I.
Prosser, isbn 1-85221-013-3, pp 117-126) for the Society of General
Microbiology.  There's also a hard-to-get-hold-of paper by Verstraete from
1975 "Heterotrophic nitrification in soils and aqueous media" Iszvestia
Akadamii Nauk SSSR Ser. Biol. 4:541-558. If your library can't get it, try
writing to Prof Verstraete at Gent University.
Lesley Robertson