Thermophilic Bacteria

David Faguy phage at
Wed Nov 4 13:45:50 EST 1998

I thought, when first invented, Mullis didn't use Taq but added Klenow
fragment of E. coli DNA polymerase every cycle of PCR. Anyone know for

Nicholas Landau wrote:
> have different versions of DNA polymerase.  Taq polymerase is
> of consequence to humanity because it was the polymerase used
> by Mullis et al in the invention of the polymerase chain
> reaction (PCR), for which Mullis was award the Nobel Prize for
> Chemistry.

D.M. Faguy, Ph.D.                     e-mail: phage at
Dept. of Biochemistry                 phone: (902) 494-2968
Dalhousie University                    fax:     (902) 494-1355
Halifax, N.S.