Yersinia pestis

Jeff Gardner jgardner at stg.srs.com
Tue Nov 10 14:20:38 EST 1998

I am doing some research on plague in animals, specifically livestock,
poultry, and swine. The only information I have been able to find
dealing with Yersinia pestis infections in animals include cats, dogs,
some birds, carnivores, prairie dogs, etc... Some animals are not very
susceptible to plague...is this the case with livestock, poultry, and
swine. Any information, especially literature sources, would be greatly
appreciated.
I have already searched PUBMED with no luck.

Regards,

Jeff Gardner