Yersinia pestis

mountainNOSPAMfrog at hotmail.com mountainNOSPAMfrog at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 10 20:29:50 EST 1998

In article <36489206.14614059 at stg.srs.com>, jgardner at stg.srs.com says...
> I am doing some research on plague in animals, specifically livestock,
> poultry, and swine. The only information I have been able to find
> dealing with Yersinia pestis infections in animals include cats, dogs,
> some birds, carnivores, prairie dogs, etc... Some animals are not very
> susceptible to plague...is this the case with livestock, poultry, and
> swine. Any information, especially literature sources, would be greatly
> appreciated.
> I have already searched PUBMED with no luck.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeff Gardner

Brubaker, R. R. 1991. Factors promoting acute and chronic diseases caused
by yersiniae. Clin. Microbiol. Rev. 4:309-324

Cornelis, G. R. (1998). The Yersinia Deadly Kiss. J. Bacteriol. 180:
5495-5504

Perry, R. D., and J. D. Fetherston. 1997. Yersinia pestis:etiologic agent
of plague. Clin. Microbiol. Rev. 10:35-66

Cornelis, G. R., A. Boland, A. P. Boyd, C. Geuijen, M. Iriarte, C. Neyt,
M.-P. Sory, and I. Stainier. The virulence plasmid of Yersinia, an
antihost genome. Microbiol. Mol. Biol. Rev., in press