Biowarfare

SParker eparker at aros.net
Tue Nov 17 01:22:53 EST 1998

Why is it important for ebola to aquire airborne activities via a
evolutionary route?  This requires all sorts of particulars in the disease
that ebola may be unable to reasonable aquire.  In order to be a good
airborne infection the virus must be secreted into the nasopharynx in such
quantities (without creating a secretion that would not form nice droplets,
I would not think blood clots would form a very good aerosol) that sneezing
would form a good mode of transition.

If a microbe is being used in a weapon wouldn't it be made in fermentors
instead of people?  Wouldn't the mode of transmition be a weapon not
person-to-person contact?  I would think that many organisms that "are not"
transmitted by aerosol could be easily transmitted by aerosol if someone
tried hard enough.  The problem may not be so much biology (and certainly
not evolutionary biology) but physics.