help me to prepare media for Pseudomonas

Bob Friedel rfriedel at perrittlab.com
Tue Nov 24 13:57:17 EST 1998

Handbook of Microbiological Media
by Ron M. Atlas; Lawrence C. Parks (ed)
CRC Press, 1993, p.739

Isolation of Pseudomonas species:

Pseudomonas Isolation Agar
Composition per liter:

Peptone                         20.0 g
Agar                               13.6 g
K2SO4                           10.0 g
MgCl2-6H2O                   1.4 g
Triclosan                      0.025 g
Glycerol                          20.0 ml

Add components to distilled/deionized water and bring volume to 1.0 liter.
Mix thoroughly.  Gently heat and bring to boiling.  Distribute into tubes of
flasks.  Autoclave for 15 minutes @ 15 PSI @ 121C.  Pour into sterile Petri
dishes or leave in tubes.

Final pH is 7.0 +/- 0.2

Available from BBL Microbiology Systems/Difco Laboratories USA
                          1-800-638-8663

Robert R. Friedel
(formerly Research Microbiologist, Whitehall-Robins Healthcare)
Quality Assurance Manager
Laboratory Research & Analysis Groups
Perritt Laboratories, Inc.
rfriedel at perrittlab.com