Veillonella Parvula

AT bugline at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 24 23:22:32 EST 1998

Hi Astrid,

No worries. Just a boring old gram-negative cocci (0.3 - 0.5 micro meters in
diameter) that is commonly found in the mouth, respiratory and intestinal
tracts of humans and animals. What you probably have is an opportunistic
infection in place. I'd check on your patients immune status, if I were
you...

Best regards,

Arnold Tan
Microbiologist

Astrid88 wrote in message <19981118170229.17833.00001334 at ng32.aol.com>...
>Hi
>Could someone in the group tell me about this microorganism? It was
cultured
>from one of my patients. I looked it up, but did not find much info. I am
>concerned about how he could have become infected and how it is spread.
Thank