Bacteria Info.

AT bugline at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 24 22:59:26 EST 1998

It depends on the species (and specific strain), for example :
1. most rod-shaped ones are close to 1- 2 micro-meter in length and 0.5 -
0.8 micro-meters in diameter (e.g. Serratia, Bacillus, Pseudomonas, etc.);
2. Most cocci shaped ones (Streptococcus and Staphylococcus) are generally 1
micro-meter in diameter.

Mass is a difficult one...

The generation time depends on the strain, type of media used for the
culture and other factors such as temperature, presence/absence of oxygen,
etc..