trypan blue staining?

Michael Kolotila mkolotila at necc.mass.edu
Fri Oct 16 06:09:39 EST 1998

HI
  Trypan blue for testing for is, as I recall, a method that has been
around for quite a while.  As a former biologist, I used trypan blue to
test the viability of white cells.  Other stains can be used,such as
neutral red and acridine orange, though both have caveats about there
used.  There was a great book called Methods in Cellular Immunology and
the author's name began with a M, who describes trypan blue as well as a
couple of other viability stains.  A library search on supra-vital stains
should turn up a wealth of information for you.  Good luck.
Michael

 Michael P. Kolotila, Ph.D.        * e-mail: mkolotila at necc.mass.edu
                                   *
 Administrative Information        *Instant Messenger:  mk742
 Services  and the                 *
 Department of Computer and        *
 Information Sciences              * phone and
 Northern Essex Community College  * voice mail:  978-556-3747
 Elliott Way                       * fax       :  978-556-3729
 Haverhill, MA  01830-2399         *              978-556-3775
       "A little caffeine is good for the soul."  --David Hamburger