Agar alternatives

Bob Friedel rfriedel at perrittlab.com
Mon Aug 23 15:20:16 EST 1999

There is a product from RCR Scientific called Redigel Media.  It uses
calcium ions along with pectin to form a gel matrix.  The method is approved
by AOAC and is endorsed by APHA's Standard Methods for the Examination of
Dairy Products (16th ed.).

It comes in a wide variety of media including Baird Parker, EMB, Letheen,
Potato Dextrose, Sabouraud Dextrose, VRBG, XLD, Vogel Johnson.

Try contacting Weber Scientific at (609) 584-7677.  They may be able to give
you RCR's phone #.

Robert R. Friedel
Quality Assurance Manager
Laboratory Research & Analysis Groups