uranium bioleaching?

J.T. Pronk j.t.pronk at kabelfoon.nl
Wed Feb 17 14:50:29 EST 1999

>Is anyone working on microbial mining of uranium? I am looking for good
>reviews on the subject and someone who could answer my questions. Please
>send me an e-mail to sduran2 at po-box.mcgill.ca

Relevant reviews (although not too recent) are:
Torma AE (1986) Biohydrometallurgy as an emerging technology. Biotech.
Bioeng. Symp. 16:49-63
Torma AE (1988) Leaching of metals. In: Biotechnology Vol.6B (Rehh HJ, Reed
G, Eds) pp. 367-399 VCH Verlagsgesellschaft, Weinheim, Germany
Acharya R (1990) Bacterial leaching: a potential for developing countries.
Genet. Eng. Biotechnol. Monitor 27: 57-70

Good luck
Jack Pronk, Delft, the Netherlands