Differentiation Help

KKiser6239 kkiser6239 at aol.com
Mon Mar 1 22:08:47 EST 1999

>Often they look like rods but also
>dividing cocci.  The little "bugs" are just so small.

You've gotten some *really* good suggestions.  The other thought I could add,
is if you have a choice, use the liquid medium for the smear.  You will get
your best morphology that way.  Even those bugs who are "coccal baccillary"
look more like rods in liquid medium.

Patience, microscopy is as much of an art, as it is a skill.

Karen
8)
"It's a very ancient saying, but a true & honest thought, that if you become a
teacher, by your pupils you'll be taught." The  King & I  (Getting To Know You)

Karen Kiser MA MT(ASCP)
St. Louis, Mo.
kkiser6239 at aol.com