Carrageenin & compound 48/80

Graham Shepherd muhero at
Tue Mar 9 17:52:38 EST 1999

You get it from marine algae (seaweed) - just like agar.

Bob Friedel wrote in message <7c3oin$mi0 at>...
>Carrageenan is a gum/thickening agent used in foods and pharmaceuticals.
>Robert R. Friedel
>Quality Assurance Manager
>Laboratory Research & Analysis Groups
>Perritt Laboratories, Inc.
>rfriedel at
>Steve Newport wrote in message <36e11928.10417610 at>...
>>Can anybody tell me what these are and where they come from ?

More information about the Microbio mailing list