KKiser6239 kkiser6239 at
Tue Mar 9 23:09:07 EST 1999

>A friend was diagnosed with a streptococcal fungal infection of the synovial
>fluid around and in the cartilage of the knee after awakening quite suddenly
>with racking pain one morn.  There was no prior injury, open wound, etc. What
>is the etiology of this bacteria and why would it strike so suddenly? What
>she do to eradicate it? Thank you for any advice.

You need to this a bacterial infection due to Streptococcus or a
fungal infection (Streptomyces)?

Do you have a name for this bug?

"It's a very ancient saying, but a true & honest thought, that if you become a
teacher, by your pupils you'll be taught." The  King & I  (Getting To Know You)

Karen Kiser MA MT(ASCP)
St. Louis, Mo.
kkiser6239 at