Protists

Russ Bulluck lrbulluc at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Mar 16 14:04:08 EST 1999

It also depends on where the protists are located.  In the soil, small protists
are major consumers of bacteria, and are eaten by larger protists, mites, and
other microarthropods.  The soil food-web is incredibly complex. . .Russ

--
Russ Bulluck
Ph.D. Student

The soil population is so complex that it manifestly cannot
be dealt with as a whole with any detail by any one person,
and at the same time it plays so important a part in the soil
economy that it must be studied.
--Sir E. John Russell
The Micro-organisms of the Soil, 1923