stressed campylobacter recovery

rockey at isd.net rockey at isd.net
Thu Mar 25 19:37:01 EST 1999

The group I work with has trouble reliably recovering type strains of
purposely stressed (dried) campylobacters.  I am new to this work and it
isn't apparent to me from literature what the best conditions for
recovery of organisms would be.  For example, some literature states
that 42 C is optimal growth temperature, but type strains per ATCC
specify 37 C.  Likewise there is documentation of loss of viability with
increasing age of cultures? but this occurs slower at lower temps.  Is
trouble in recovery of these organisms common?

Does anyone have any insights into ideal conditions for their recovery?
Thanks much for help