B.cereus

aboo9422 at my-dejanews.com aboo9422 at my-dejanews.com
Sun Mar 28 15:44:10 EST 1999

I have a question about B.cereus.

I have to count and identify colonies of B.cereus in egg-and-brandy liqueur
(eggs, sugar and 14 - 20 % alcohol). The medium I use is according to Mossel.
Now I have the following questions:

1. are the colonies of B.cereus only vegetative forms or also comming from
spores.
2. if so, how do I recognize vegetative forms and colonies comming from spores
3. is it possible to find any vegetative forms of B.cereus in egg-and-brandy
liqueur after the eggs had a warm treatment of 30 minutes at 50-60 degree
Celsius.

Thanks for your help.

Clara