Resistance gene for thermophile?

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at
Tue Nov 2 05:53:13 EST 1999

In article <7vknfi$eb3$1 at>, kwicher at writes
>Hi Everyone!
>I am looking for any gene I can use as a selective one for thermophilic
>Gram negative bacterium: antibiotic,heavy metal ions resistance or any
>Please send me any information.

The only one I know is Kan taken from a Bacillus thermophile and mutated
for more thermophily for use in Thermus.  A search of PubMed should find
umpteen references, mostly from Japanese groups.

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.
Tel: +44(0)1252376288