Student List

David Lloyd-Jones icomm5 at netcom.ca
Tue Nov 2 08:49:50 EST 1999

Mad Microbiologist <joanne.russell at ceid.ox.ac.uk> wrote
> I also think that a student microbiology list  would be a very good
> idea.

I don't have any objection to students posting in the regular newsgroups.

If they post "Duh, I want you to do my homework for me..." we can either
tell them horrible lies or generally scorch their butts. If they show some
evidence of initiative and of having done some work, people can cooperate
with them and help them on their way.

Both of these seem to me good mentoring -- which professionals should be
engaged in.

                                                       -dlj.