long-term mycobacteria storage

A. Seoane seoaneb at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 17:55:14 EST 1999

At our laboratory, long-term storage of mycobacterial
strains (mainly M.tuberculosis) is acheived through
refrigerating of freshly-grown L-J slants and periodic
(6 month) re-culturing on fresh medium.
As you can notice this is a time/money-costly scheme.
We are now considering frozen storage of our strains.
Does anybody know any good commercial freezing media?
Has anybody got experience in mycobacteria freezing
(media, temperature, viability of frozen strains...).
Any information will be greatly apreciated.

Please e-mail me at seoaneb at yahoo.com

Do You Yahoo!?