long-term mycobacteria storage

lamb L.A.M.Buisman at cable.A2000.nl
Wed Oct 6 13:27:42 EST 1999

We make a thick suspension in a sterile solution of 1% peptone with 8%
glycerol.
Approx. 0.25 ml. in 1 ml. polyproylene tube with screwcap, at -70 or -80
C.
No problems with reculturing, but of course, after thawing them it is
necessary to culture again and make a new suspension.
Good chance that commercial medium used for storage of other bacteria is
good too.

Loes
Amsterdam