cultivation of Leuconostoc mesenteroides

Frederik Boernke boernke at
Thu Oct 14 17:39:53 EST 1999

I'd would like to cultivate L. mesenteroides in order to prepare
DNA. I obtained some freeze-dried stuff from the DSMZ  which I
plated onto acidic tomato medium. However, I can not observe any
growth after 24 h at 28 deg.. My textbook knowledge tells me that
those bugs do actually ferment, but should be aerotolerant.
Any hints are appreciated.

Frederik Boernke
Corrensstr. 3
06466 Gatersleben