Oxygen and bacterial morphology

albican at my-deja.com albican at my-deja.com
Fri Oct 15 06:18:01 EST 1999

> Does anyone know of any references describing the effects of oxygen
> on the cellular morphology of obligately anaerobic bacteria?
> I have seen some interesting effects (e.g. cell elongation, capsule
> enlargement) but I am keen to find some supporting references in this
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Andrew Pridmore

I attended a lecture from Anaerobe Systems and the speaker made several
references to studies that were done on obligate anaerobes.  He
discussed staining and viewing organisms in a chamber and what happens
when they are stained after exposure to O2.  Check out their web site.
Maybe you could get some info, or atleast a lead from them.

Biologist masquerading as a Microbiologist

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.