Pronunciation of a word

Russell Farris tryggvi at
Fri Oct 22 23:25:59 EST 1999

Lars Nyhln <lars.nyhlen at> wrote in message
news:nR1Q3.8075$zc.8118 at
> Distorted latin is internationally accepted as long as it is understood!

        Lars is correct, regrettably. When I was in high school I was taught
to use the classical latin pronunciation because, ostensibly, it would
enable me to speak to educated people throughout the civilized world. But if
everyone pronounces latin as he or she wishes, it somewhat reduces the

        It's just as well; all I remember is "mica, mica, parva stella,
mirror quaenam sis tambella" and I'm not sure I got that right.