Manganese chelates

Megan megan at
Fri Oct 29 10:32:06 EST 1999

Is manganese a divalent cation as is calcuim and magnesium?  if so, try a
little EDTA (0.5mM to 5 mM) and see if that doesnt work.  If I am confused,
and it is not a divalent cation, the please ignore this post !

PS.  when making up EDTA as a stock, you will have to pH it to get it to go
into solution.  EDTA is made up as a 0.5 M solution, but it will not go into
solution without pHing to about 7.5 or 8 or so.  It will not (to my
knowledge) go into solution at higher concentrations.