Question Concerning Polarity and Quantumized Charge

Talmage C. Brown tbrown90 at bellarmine.edu
Thu Sep 16 20:59:12 EST 1999

I remember from physics that all charges are quantized, existing as
multiples of the charge in a single proton or electron.  However, the entire
concept of polarity is based on electronegative atoms drawing electrons
closer to certain atoms, giving one atom a slight positive/negative charge
much smaller than the charge of one electron or proton.

Obviously something I just said must be wrong.  I would appreciate any
clarification on this matter.  Please make sure your response is also sent
via email.

Thanks,
Talmage C. Brown