Lactobacillus transformation

Tammy Patton tpatton at
Fri Sep 17 10:05:47 EST 1999

Hello, I am a former high school teacher working for OMRF's telescience
teacher training program.  I have a former student trying to do a science
fair project that deals with transformation of Lactobacillus.  I have found
a number of articles for her, but was wondering if anyone out there has a
suggestion concerning the best way to transform Lactobacillus.  She would
like to make it tet resistant.  Where do I get the Gram + plasmid with tet
resistance, and how do we get it in the cell?

Tammy Patton
Oklahoma Telescience Project
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation

Keeping the torch burning.......