Effect of disenfectants on bacteria

David J. Thomas dthomas at lyon.edu
Tue Sep 21 08:59:20 EST 1999

The information you seek can be found in most college general
microbiology texts.  Check your local library or your nearest college

Dave Thomas

> I am a sixth year pupil at Peebles High School in Scotland. For my Sixth Year
> Studies Biology project I want to investigate the effects of various
> disenfectants on different bacteria: E coli, Staph Albus, B. Subtilis.  Does
> anyone have information on mechanisms used by disenfectants to  inhibit/promote
> bacterial growth?

David J. Thomas, Ph.D., FBIS
Assistant Professor of Biology
Biology and Chemistry Division
Lyon College
2300 Highland Road
Batesville, AR 72503
Phone: (870) 698-4269  Fax: (870) 698-4622
E-mail: dthomas at lyon.edu or marsbugs at aol.com

Editor of Marsbugs:  The Electronic Astrobiology Newsletter