financing fundamental research - statistics

Lesley Robertson l.a.robertson at
Tue Sep 28 10:45:53 EST 1999

Can anyone suggest sources of information about the financing of fundamental
(as opposed to product-orientated)  biological research in European
countries? I'd really like data that compares (or allows a comparison) of
financing now and 10 or 20 years ago.
On-line would be nice, but references to hard copy would also be welcome.
I've been having fun with the OECD site, but we really need nation-level
detail from all over Europe (not just the EC) for a Position Paper.
Lesley Robertson