Eleanor gustafhvieNOguSPAM at
Wed Aug 9 09:59:59 EST 2000

I have a general Microbiology question. Is there any other bacterium
other than Pseudomonas spp. that produces the yellow-blue pigment when
grown on agar plates? I have discovered a contamination in the
laboratory and the colonies are releasing a bluish substance (possibly
pyoverdin) into the agar. Could this be a bacterium other than a
species of Pseudomonas?

* Sent from RemarQ The Internet's Discussion Network *