Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at
Sun Aug 27 09:21:15 EST 2000

Before you use BLAST, you should familiarize yourself with what it does. It
is almost a given that BLASTX and BLASTN will show different results since
the two do different things. Which one you use depends upon your input
data; your knowledge about the query seq., what you expect, the source of
the query, etc., ar to be considered.

At 01:48 PM 8/27/00 GMT, parvaizqazi at wrote:
>I sequenced a pcr amplified fragment and analysed this sequence through
>BLASTX and BLASTn programmes.Both of these show different results.Which
>one should I stick to or what is the right programme, I must follow.
>Sent via
>Before you buy.
Dr. Hiranya Sankar Roychowdhury
Dept. of Molecular Biology