Ampicillin resistance...

Baltimoir baltimoir at
Mon Dec 18 20:10:04 EST 2000

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 17:17:24 GMT, oss004 at wrote:

>Dear colleagues,
>I've been concerned for some time about antibiotic resistance that may
>lurk in our laboratories.  I conducted a quick ampicillin test last
>week, which showed resistance beyond 512 mgL-1 amp.
>At which concentration would one be concerned about enhanced ampicillin
>resistance under such circumstances?
>All help gratefully received.
>John Rowlands.
>Sent via

The point at which your backgrounds overtake your samples would be a
good start. If your worried about your research.

If on the other hand your concerned about the escape of the resistance
from your lab or another to a pathogenic organsim then thats another

I'm not sure exactly what you want from us due to the lack of detail
in your post.